The Pullman Oriënt Express, the mythical train of Compagnie des Wagons-Lits, is made up of 7 carriages including 4 that are classified as “Historical Monuments”. Built at the end of the 1920s, they come from different trains that circulated on the 4 main lines in Western and Eastern Europe: the Côte d'Azur Pullman Express, the Riviera Express, the Flèche d'Or, the Étoile du Nord and the Oiseau Bleu. In 2002-2003, with the exception of technical aspects, all the materials and objects were restored or reproduced according to the plans for the originals.
This carriage was built in 1925 by the Smetchwick workshops in Birmingham, England, according to plans produced by Compagnie des Wagons-Lits. Until 1940 it circulated on the main trains in Central Europe (cf. “Riviera” and “Taurus”. Until 1985 it circulated on the Rome Express (Paris - Rome) and on the main Italian domestic trains. In 1987 it was restored and transformed by the Compagnie des Wagons-Lits workshops in Ostende, Belgium. In 2003 it was completely restored using the same materials according to plans from the period of the 20th century. Pullman lamps, wall lamps and baggage racks of polished bronze.